Servicing and repairs - Running a Car
• Shop around – costs even vary between franchised dealers, so don’t just return to the one where you bought your car.
• You can now get your car serviced at a non-franchised garage without invalidating your warranty, so call local workshops for prices too.
• If you do go to an independent garage, ensure it is VAT-registered and make sure the parts and fluids used are genuine manufacturer products. Get receipts and part serial numbers to prove this.
• Always stick to your car’s servicing schedule and ensure that the servicing book is stamped.
• Always read your warranty document thoroughly before booking your car in for servicing.
• If your car needs a repair or some warranty work carried out, however, this must be done at a franchised dealer in order to keep your warranty intact.
In between services, you can keep your car in tip-top condition by keeping fluids topped up and by carrying out regular checks. Find out what simple DIY jobs you can do.