Search Used Cars and Parts Here      


Doing the paperwork - Running a Car

Once the deposit has been taken and the deal sealed, and before you say goodbye to your car, make sure you fill in all transfer documents.

• You must inform the DVLA of the sale by filling in and sending off the form on the vehicle’s V5C registration document.

• If your car is listed with a security register (such as the RetainaGroup) you must inform them of the sale, too. The forms you need to fill in and send off should be with your car’s documentation. If not, call the number on the car’s windows.

• Finally, you should call any company providing a warranty on the car – either a manufacturer or an independent – to inform it of the new owner’s details.


More tips on selling a car: doing the paperwork | meeting buyers | prepairing your car | receiving payment | understanding your cars value | used car selling scams | what are the options | wording a car advert

Used Cars ZA - South Africa